Let’s talk about Urges
If your desire is for candy ๐ญ
If your desire is Oreos ๐ช
If your desire is wine ๐ท
If your desire is chocolate ๐ซ
And
You give into that desire.
You are adding fuel to that fire ๐ฅ
Because eating is pleasureable, you are immediately happy.
You may not know this but your lower brain is concerned about these rewards, and it wants to get them as easily as possible.
Your lower brain also wants to repeat this reward.
When you seek out the candy, cookies, wine, chocolate.... the more you add fuel ⛽️ to desiring that reward again and again.
So what can you do?
You have to start to listen to what your doing so you can start to understand when/what/where you are having the urges.
You may think, well I’ll just resist and start to say NO!
That is a good starting point and it is part of the solution. SAYING no definitely decreases the urge.
But did you know, you can fuel your urges
just with your ๐ญ thoughts? Yeah, just by thinking of stuff.
๐ญ
That looks so good!
Man, I could really go for a ____
I wish I could have one.
I’m not having any fun.
While that all SEEMS like nothing, it’s really the lighter fluid for the fire. Your thoughts are giving life to the fire. You don’t even HAVE to be eating.
You mind and your thoughts are fueling the desire. ๐ฅบ
Has
That is why changing your thoughts and mindset is so important!!
You cannot just pretend your not thinking.
You have to practice thoughts.
You have to change your thoughts. You have to Meditate on your thoughts. Continually working on changing them.
Next, when you are presented with one of those “urge moments”. Ask your self “Hmmmm ๐ค I wonder, why do I feel this way?”
Start to dig into what your mind is thinking. This is how you will start to change your urges.
Don’t overlook “WHY” you are telling your self your story.
Saying NO is good. Simply resisting and saying no, over and over again does help a LOT.
But digging into WHY, and understand WHY you desire it helps even more. You have to start to address your mindset. Change your inner words.
Your mind.
It either fuels your urges
Or
Extinguishes them.
If your desire is for candy ๐ญ
If your desire is Oreos ๐ช
If your desire is wine ๐ท
If your desire is chocolate ๐ซ
And
You give into that desire.
You are adding fuel to that fire ๐ฅ
Because eating is pleasureable, you are immediately happy.
You may not know this but your lower brain is concerned about these rewards, and it wants to get them as easily as possible.
Your lower brain also wants to repeat this reward.
When you seek out the candy, cookies, wine, chocolate.... the more you add fuel ⛽️ to desiring that reward again and again.
So what can you do?
You have to start to listen to what your doing so you can start to understand when/what/where you are having the urges.
You may think, well I’ll just resist and start to say NO!
That is a good starting point and it is part of the solution. SAYING no definitely decreases the urge.
But did you know, you can fuel your urges
just with your ๐ญ thoughts? Yeah, just by thinking of stuff.
๐ญ
That looks so good!
Man, I could really go for a ____
I wish I could have one.
I’m not having any fun.
While that all SEEMS like nothing, it’s really the lighter fluid for the fire. Your thoughts are giving life to the fire. You don’t even HAVE to be eating.
You mind and your thoughts are fueling the desire. ๐ฅบ
Has
That is why changing your thoughts and mindset is so important!!
You cannot just pretend your not thinking.
You have to practice thoughts.
You have to change your thoughts. You have to Meditate on your thoughts. Continually working on changing them.
Next, when you are presented with one of those “urge moments”. Ask your self “Hmmmm ๐ค I wonder, why do I feel this way?”
Start to dig into what your mind is thinking. This is how you will start to change your urges.
Don’t overlook “WHY” you are telling your self your story.
Saying NO is good. Simply resisting and saying no, over and over again does help a LOT.
But digging into WHY, and understand WHY you desire it helps even more. You have to start to address your mindset. Change your inner words.
Your mind.
It either fuels your urges
Or
Extinguishes them.

Comments
Post a Comment