Creating your vision of a smaller you

Creating Your Vision of a SMALLER You.


Small steps.  That's what it takes. I recently taught a group about the 5 steps it takes to lose weight.

If you don't know what they are, go to my facebook page and look for the next challenge: GIMME5. We go over what they are in that group and you get journal pages to help you stay on track.

What I want to talk to you today is the small steps.  You see, the small steps are SO important because that is what you need to do to build momentum.  You need small wins MORE than you need to be perfect.   Many of you want to be perect and the minute you realize 5 hours into your "PERFECT MONDAY" that you can't be perfect, you say "well screw this!" and you stop.  Being perfect guys, its JUST NOT realistic, its NOT.

You need small wins first. Over time, these small wins will build momentum and they will propel you to accomplishing what your goal is, which for most of you is weight loss.


So think of who you want to be in the next 1-2 weeks.  Do you want to be the person who quit? Do you want to be the person who got STARTED and is still repeating these small habits? 

I want you to ask yourself this question "What is it about the next 2 weeks I can do?"  Don't be thinking any further. Just 1-2 weeks.  After the 2 weeks is up THEN (and only then) I want you to think about 1 month.  What do I want to do ?  what can I add in?  But to get started, just the next 2 weeks.

I promise you that if you keep repeating this and going forward, after 2 months of doing it this way, you will have gathered enough visualization of winning and momentum that THEN you can extend it to a 1 month goal, then a 3 month goal.  This is a process that will train your brain  to start thinking about the future. And with every win, you add on to the momentum.

Again, you do not need to change everything right now.  I want you to learn this one principal.  You do NOT need to do things perfectly to start. It is NOT needed..  I just want you to get really good at doing 1 small thing, and honoring that commitment to continue to do the 1 small thing and to build upon that.

Lesson Homework:


Ask yourself:
What is your vision to what you want your healthy weight to be?
Pick when that time window starts(ex: 1 week, 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months, etc)

I want you to think about that and thenjournal about this question:  "In what way will I trust myself to create this 2 week vision?"  
    To help you answer that question many of you need to ask yourself,  If you would just quit doing BS and start what would you be doing?  What is the vision YOU want?   Think about yourself and yourself in 2weeks ... What is she doing?  Does she care about what others think about her weight loss?   What is she wearing?   What is she like?   What is SHE doing? What is she thinking?   Write this stuff out.  Does she stress eat?  

Journal about that.

Guys, you need to generate belief in yourself so you can stop listening to other people.  YOUR thoughts about yourself is all that matters. 

Start to ask yourself, what can I do to build trust in myself to know that I can get this done?

~Sherry

Comments