Carbs Are Not Bad


Carbohydrates are not bad.  They are the main staple in my meal.  You see, Veggies ARE carbohydrates & I eat them with the majority of my meals. Any veggie you grab is a Carb.  AND not all Veggies are created EQUAL.

Of the 3 macro nutrients: Fat, Carb, Protein... you know that if I grab a Bell pepper, that its NOT a fat. Its NOT a protein.  Therefore, Its a carb.  The same is true for Noodles, Rice, Sweet Potatoes,   BUT they are NOT the same TYPE of Carb!  Are you with me?

Some Carbs have a higher amount of water and fiber in them, some have a higher amount of sugar and starch in them (Starch, btw, is a chain of sugar).
When you eat a Bell Pepper, its totally different on your body than if you grab a bowl of brown rice.  Your blood sugar & insulin will respond very differently. What matters is finding out how YOUR body responds to each of the foods.    My diet is higher in carbs than the KETO diet.   But a lot lower in carbs when compared to the standard american diet.  And what really matters is finding out what works for ME.   You need to find out what works for YOU. 
 Establish your own diet.
I'm not going to fight you on what works for you.  That is NOT why I am here.  I respect that what works for YOU may be different than what works for me.  I don't think there is a RIGHT way for everyone. You don't have to like what I say....isn't that awesome!  I don't shop at stores where I don't like the clothing, I don't walk around the store and complain to the manager how horrible their clothing is.  No, I just don't go to that store and I shop elsewhere.  YOU too, right???  Its totally logical.
Do you need to understand your CARBOHYDRATES better?  Do you need to understan how they IMPACT your body more?  How you respond to Bread vs how you respond to Beets?  If so, let me know and I can help you.
One way to know how you respond is....after you eat the carb, how do you feel 30mins later. What about 60 mins later?   Are you still energized?  Are you sleepy, bloated, gassy, etc?   
If you are any of the later, that is a response signal of how the food you ate is NOT working for you. 

Comments