131 Week 2 Update


I'm in week 2 of this new 131Diet plan of Chalene's... let me bring you up to speed with what's been going on.

Last week we were presented with about 7 more audios/videos to watch.  They ranged from why a higher fat diet is healthy for you to videos on Mindset and how to get yourself focused on YOU.  She also released a few more delish recipes for the Club members (which for this cycle, we ALL are club members).  I've really enjoyed a few of them, and moreover, they get me to thinking of newer food combos that I wouldn't have tried before (such as that 131Bar recipe I have posted #delish).

So, last week I really just started to do an elimination of inflammatory foods. My largest inflammatory food is Sugar. Maybe it's yours also.  I don't think that milk is inflammatory for me, and I don't have any inflammation to glueton that I am aware of but, I eliminated a ton of foods just to help follow the program 110%  as that is MY GOAL.

Its important for me to remind myself that it isn't everyone's goal to be at 110% compliance. For me its a non-negotiable. I don't want to get to the end of the 90 days and go...I really wish I would have __________.  Nope, I want to do it once, and do it right and not waste any time or money.   My granny always said it's faster to do it right the first time because then you don't have to do it over.  How right she was!

This weeks videos/audios have been on Fasting. Specifically on the idea of doing a 3 day water fast, or a nutritional fast or a One Meal A Day (OMAD) fast.  She provides information on which is right for YOU (personally, this is the part I love, the fact that she tells us information and lets US decide what to do).  Based on my body size, type and just my own uniqueness, I know that I want to do OMAD.  In the Beta test, I tried the supported fast and literally lost 0pounds. I guess I supported it too much with oil and broth LOL.  However, with OMAD I actually get to eat.

WHAAAT??? Yeah, and since this is MY fast and not yours, I can eat whatever I decide I want to!  Well, my personal goal is to try to hit the 75%-80% fat mark. It may happen, it may not.  As long as I'm trying my best for that range. I realize life just happens. Like today. My coworkers are having a luncheon at a local place.  At first I was like...Eeeeek. but then, I realized, I am in control.  I  knwo that I want to stay in Ketosis so, what do I need to do?  I need to eat meat and fat. Healthy fat.

While the restaurant may have oils, I looked online and Olive and coconut are NOT mentioned. So, Lucky for me  I carry coconut oil around these days...So I will ADD my own oil in at the table.  I also brought my own Pecans and Pumpkin seeds to add to my lunch as a healthy fat option.   The rest of the meal, Yup, I checked it out online to see if their meat contains any carbs (pssst, meat should be 0 if its real meat).  Chose one that was higher in fat. And then looked to see what veggies I could/not add.  I'm all set up for a 600 calorie meal at noon.  Which is perfect for my One Meal A Day.

What has me concerned today is that I may not have any opportunity to eat again (or to eat high fat) after lunch.  And normally I have something around 3:30pm.  So...its highly possible I will only get in 600 calories (plus my 120 for fatty morning coffees).  #notConcerned

If this happens, no biggie.  I can choose to have something that is no carbs(like a little coconut oil on its own) before I go to church tonight.  Or I can choose to not workout tomorrow morning because of the lower calories this week.  Either way, It will workout for me.

The funny thing about this all. I've been doing OMAD since Sunday morning and I'm not hungry.  I know, right??!!?  Its flipping amazing...and I SOO enjoy it.  Its really freeing to NOT have to think and worry and prepare food.   Its the ONE thing that other people are obsessed about in December and I feel SO free from it!

Okay, I have to wrap this up. Other things to do.
Would you ever consider a Fast?  Or going Keto?
















Comments