All you have to do is click LIKE. That's all.
Chocolate Covered Peanuts
I've decided that you can have chocolate each and every day. It shouldn't be a protein shake all the time. It can be cake, pie, chocolate brownies and now even chocolate covered nuts. I LOVE the bulk chocolate covered peanuts. They are a total splurge for me and hard to resist. I think their calorie count is through the roof, but I have to admit, I've never checked it out because, I really don't care to know.
The other day, I remembered that I know how to use coconut oil with Shakeology to create a 'frosting'. My thought continued, as I wondered...how thin would I need to make it to coat a 1/2 cup of peanuts? Hmmm...lets see.....and this recipe was born and, its likely to be in my rotation each week for the near future!
Ingredients:
1T coconut oil melted1/2 sc. Chocolate Shakeology*
1/2 c peanuts (any variety of nut)
*note: you can use any flavor of Shakeology you desire. Heck, try vanilla or cafe latte if you like!
Directions:
Mix togetherJudge for yourself if it needs liquid added (like a splash of almond milk or more coconut oil)
Add 1/2c peanuts and coat. If you think you have enough chocolate, try adding 1 cup of nuts and see how it goes!
Drop onto a piece of waxed paper and place in the fridge to harden. Break apart if needed and store in the fridge (or devour)!
Awesome snack. Oh...and it's healthy, provides some healthy fats as well as a partial serving of veggies from the Shakeology and, it satisfies your sweet tooth.
So there ya have it....Chocolate can be in your daily plan if you #1) make it healthy and #2) watch your portions.

Comments
Post a Comment