Tomato Curried Soup
I was looking for a simple recipe, one that was veggie based, as a way to have a nice hearty meal without a lot of fuss. I also didn't want to have any meat in it. No, I'm not going vegan or anything, I simply wanted a veggie meal to go to. You know, sometimes when its warm out, you don't feel like cooking and, with an abundance of produce starting to spring forth from my garden...well...this seemed appropriate for me.
the recipe I found called for 4lbs of tomatoes. After a quick google search I found this helpful reference:
1 pound of tomatoes is approx. 3 or 4 medium tomatoes = 1-½ cups of tomato
Author: Seasonal and Savory
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients
- About 4 pounds of vine-ripened garden tomatoes, cored and chopped (peeled and seeded, if desired)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped as desired (I choose finely)
Directions:
- Toss all of the ingredients in your slow cooker and set it on high.
- Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, then carefully blend the hot soup to the texture you prefer.
- Taste and adjust the salt, if needed.
- If you prefer to cook this on low, it will take 5-6 hours.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped, fresh cilantro, if you like

Comments
Post a Comment