Thyme Chicken Thighs

CHICKEN Thighs!

I have a huge bag of chicken thighs..... thought I might as well make them for dinner so that Keith and I have plenty of meat on hand for a couple of left over meals.  Boy was I surprised! My daughter had a friend over, my son was home for dinner also.... ZERO left!  
Please feel free to use different veggies if you like….
Serves: 7
Portions: 1 Red, 1/2 Yellow, 1 Tsp

Ingredients:
  • 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 3 carrots
  • 4 celery stalks
  • 1 red onion
  • 10-12 whole garlic cloves
  • 3/4 cup broth of your choice
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Chop the carrots, celery, and onion into large chunks making sure that the carrots they are cut roughly the same size for even cooking.  
  2. Place the chicken in the Crockpot and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.  
  3. On top of the chicken layer the onions and whole garlic cloves
  4. Add the parsnips, carrots, and celery. 
  5. In a small bowl mix together the chicken broth thyme and sage
  6. Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken and veggies.
  7. Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 7.


Comments