I enjoy the taste of ham. Maybe its because I don't eat it often, but the flavor is just ...spot on. Its almost sad that we only cook it for a couple holidays. I know that many of you maybe are hitting the road to visit family this weekend, if so, I hope you have safe travels.
Portions: 1 Red for every 5oz of Ham and count 1/2 Yellow for the glaze
Ingredients:
1 quarter - sprial Ham, fully cooked
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Honey
2 Tbsp Mustard
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup water
Directions:
- Place the ham in the Crock pot
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, mustard, cloves, and water over high heat. Heat until just warm enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the mixture over the ham, making sure to separate the slices to let the glaze get between.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6, basting with the cooking juices every few hours.
- Serve immediately, or, preheat the broiler, transfer the ham to a oven-safe dish, and pour the cooking liquid into a small saucepan.
- Heat cooking liquid on medium-high for 5-7 minutes, or until thick and bubbly. Brush onto ham, and broil for 4-5 minutes, removing to baste with additional glaze every minute or so.

Comments
Post a Comment