Meat Ball Soup
Just so you know, I don't buy a TON of canned goods and, 99% of the time I don't buy frozen meatballs. I would rather spend a few minutes and make my own. They really aren't too hard....just pick your favorite meat loaf recipe and turn it into balls. All you have left to do is freeze it in a ziplock and BAMM you're done.However, I know many people buy them. So when you do, please look at the ingredients and try to make the best choice possible. Today's recipe I have you adding Italian Seasoning. If you purchased Italian meat balls....today's soup should taste even more savory! Pick any bean you like. I have a ton of dried beans in my house and typically I will (well about 50% of the time) re-hydrate them and use them instead of a can of beans. If you use a can, as long as you rinse your beans you have the same thing (at least IMO).
Okay, here you go!
Portions: 1 Red, 1 yellow, 1 green (click here to learn more about this)
Serves: 6
Ingredients:
16oz Meat balls1 3/4 c Beef Broth
1 c water
14oz Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
15-19oz Beans of your choice(cannellini, pinto, black, any kind will work)
Directions:
1. Spray or line your 4qt Crock pot2. Drain the Beans
3. Add all of the ingredients into the crock
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours
You may choose to serve/top it with sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt, which is an awesome substitute) or even Parmesan cheese.
~Enjoy
Sherry Rueter

Comments
Post a Comment