A journey to competition

A Journey to Competition

Follow me:

April 19th:
Why does this page have 42 views? Who's out there reading this?  That's really what I'm wondering at this exact minute.  Okay, its about 86 days out from the competition. So, I've been tracking about 95% of my calories and I'm roughly getting in 40% protein 40% Carbs, 20% Fat.  I'm not sure HOW I will get to 50% protein, although that is my goal.  I guess a TON more eggs.  To get to 40% I've had to do 2-3 scoops of whey each day!  Which means, I'm not eating REAL food.

I stepped on the scale today, holding at my weight from last week, right around 102.4. The goal is to just check in weekly.

Workout wise: I completed my Body Beast / Insanity Max 30 round. Yeah, 60 days of Max 30 - Love that program but, my knees are needing a break.  So, my newest round is Hammer and 21 Day Fix Extreme.  The goal is 60 mins of workouts 1/day.  3 days a week I also get in PiYo (as I am an instructor).    Ab specific workouts 1/wk. 2 days into this workout and my hamstrings are on fire. My goal however would be to target my BUTT not my hammies.

Food: We sorta covered it but, over all I'm doing 6 meals (about) a day. Drinking around 90oz of water(BTW, I'm behind today already...gotta get this 2nd mug in!) and I've added 1 protein bar per day (Pure Protein bar, has 16g fiber).  I use Shakeology 1/day and a nightime Beachbody protein powder each night for recovery.  SO...that's about it.

Feel free to nose around on my blog for some of my latest Ideas for recipes. While I LOVE the banana stuff I just posted, I know that I need high protein, so I won't be able to actually eat that stuff yet.  Perhaps I will start to find high protein foods to enjoy.

TTFN.

April 4th:
I haven't totally been tracking my food yet. It just seems so....bleh...right?  I don't really want to know how many calories, fat, or protein I am consuming.  So, there you have it.  I have been doing my strength training and, I'm trying to hit a new body part daily.....and legs a couple times a week.

Recently, after my hubby had some Metabolic Typing done with Sagi Kalev, I started to research on my own what I think my type would be.  My hubby is one that is supposed to eat more fat and protein. After a few google searches and finding articles (they are ABUNDANT and FREE) I am very certain that I am a Slow oxidizer.  That means that I am designed to eat more veggies and not as much meat.  Ideally, getting only 1 or 2 servings a day of meat and that meat being white meats, lean meats etc. Totally the opposite of my hubby.  Its no wonder that the food I would cook for him would make him hungry, he's not built to eat the abundance of veggies that I am.

Ideally, I can eat 9 servings of veggies a day.  That's totally doable for me! And, I'm not stretching it either. My hubby is certain that I meet that goal already.  What I did find interesting is that I'm supposed to have COOKED veggies. Yeah, something about Raw having more vitamins but, cooked allowing for your body to digest and gain other nutrients a LOT better.  It doesn't even want you to count salads. (although, I have to say--they contain calories so, they would count for me!).

Some of the other info on a slow oxidizer. sluggish thyroid. Colder hands and feet. Doesn't sweat much if at all. Maybe has a BM once a day...can be less than once a day.  Check, check, check!

March 30th:
I think, if I calculate right, that I have about....14 weeks before competition....given my size, I could either start bulking, or I can wait a few more weeks until I get into the Nitty Gritty of  cutting and all.
I've been focusing on eating mostly clean.  Dabbling in IIFYM and working Legs/quads 3x a week. Once being non weighted at all.

Also, just dabbling in posing and surfing/finding ideas for workouts and tips from IFFB pros. Nothing stellar. Eat right, exercise and don't OVERUSE cardio.  So, Hammer and Chisel or T25 M3 might be a great place to start.   Still working on my workout calendar.

Nothing new though from me.... Maybe in a few days....we haven't kicked off yet.

Sherry
 --


March 23rd

A journey to competition

I need to start somewhere...So I'm starting here.
I've decided to commit to doing the Beachbody Classic.  110%  At least that's what I've told my family and my 2 groups.  I haven't told my peeps on my Facebook page.

I don't think that I need to really lose weight...I sorta plan to cut slowly and get 4-5# down. Ideally though it will be more about sculpting muscle. I've watched a few You Tubes and I get the feeling that I lift too light. I need to go heavier, esp on legs.  My legs need to be doing about 100#  or more for my workouts. This probably is going to be me doing machines at the gym because that would be a LOT of stress on my arms.

My arms, I need to start using 17# as my Beginner weight and work up to it being 20# by the Middle/end of april. Lets say the end so that I have  a goal.  Goal #2 - 1 # down by the end of April (or by the week after easter)  That means I will come in at 101.8# or 102.0 #.   Totally doable.

Of course, eating a clean diet will be key, and I'm not doing THAT bad now.   COme June, I need to do the C2C plan ...Maybe starting as early as the 2nd week in June.

Okay ,that's my ramblings for now.

Talk to you all on the flip side.