Ground Turkey in the Crockpot


Ground Turkey






























Having ground meat that is already cooked and ready to eat is a LIFE SAVER during the week for me.  I know it sounds trivial, as it doesn't take that long to cook but, having several pounds just waiting for you as a heat and eat meal is GOLDEN (at least in my family of 2 teens and 1 hubby it is!) .  And I'm sure we save at least $15 by not eating fast food, not to mention how much healthier we are for NOT eating fast food!

I have to say though, I haven't spent as much time using my Crock pot for Ground Turkey.  It was recently brought to me as an idea. Buy the 2 pack of Turkey at Sams Club and cook it up at once.  Sounds like a great idea to me! And Bonus..... no more splatters or fry pans to deal with!  You just have to break up the meat with a fork now and then as you pass the Crock pot.

Ingredients

2 packages Ground Turkey
1 Onion
1 Bell Pepper
2 Cups Mushrooms
Salt/Pepper as desired


Directions: 

1. Place Crock pot on high
2. Add Ground Turkey (both packages)
3. Chop in  1 onion
4. optional: I like to also add 2 Cups of diced Mushrooms
5. optional: I like to add 1 diced Bell pepper
6. 1/2 cup water
I like to add the water, just to help with the cooking and not make it so clumpy when it has finished cooking.

7. Stir the turkey every so often as the turkey starts to cook
8. Cook 3 hours.
9. When finished cooking, drain the meat over a large bowl to save the juice

10. Let the meat cool and package in 3 quart sized bags to be used throughout the week in other recipes (ie. taco's, Spaghetti sauce are a couple fav's in my house).

11. Use the saved juice as a base for your Veggie soup, or chili :)  be creative! 

Comments