Dealing with food cravings
Sherry Rueter
We all get them. Some people have them more frequently than others. Some foods more frequently also. It seems an idea pops into our head and regardless of how worthy that food is...we want it. Maybe we try to resist, and maybe not...it sorta depends on the day, time and place. Is this hitting close to home?
Food cravings in December and January just drive me nuts because, for one, its colder than H3!! here and I can't be outside. There's Zero sunlight (okay, we get sun but, its not like it can be enjoyed) and what is there to do INSIDE 24x7? Even going to the local Walmart becomes undesirable.
Why do we even get cravings? Its really for several reasons, from lack of nutrients (you aren't feeding your body right), to food sensitivities and unstable blood sugar levels....and most recently I've been aware of something new to add to this list... Hormonal Imbalance.
Now, ultimately you should find the root cause of what it is for YOU and I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist. I am just a fellow friend who wants to tell you what I've experienced. If you decide to think about what I've tried and you think "Maybe I should do it, Sherry does it!" Then, I recommend you and your friend Google spend 15minutes (or more). Maybe bring in another friend "Youtube" and do a little research. Find out if this is right for you. Be wise.
My tip on food cravings. First, you need to find your root cause or it won't go away, they will definitely reoccur until you remove the offending source. Okay, with that said, this is what I've experienced. I found a naturally supplement called 5-HTP. I've been taking 100mg 1-2 times per day. 5 HTP naturally boosts your serotonin levels (the feel good hormone), then overnight it is converted to Melatonin so you sleep better. Better sleep, happier mood both lead towards a reduced appetite and lower stress overall.
And, remember, if you find that this doesn't work for you, its probable that you haven't dealt with the root cause of your cravings. the only way to get to the bottom of it is with testing through someone in that field.
What I've experienced, in February, I've just concluded 4 weeks of this supplement and, I feel so much more focused, calm, happier, and yeah, less of an appetite (or you could say, I feel more in control and less likely to cave in). For me, its worked wonderfully. I took a brand called WellRoots.
Food cravings in December and January just drive me nuts because, for one, its colder than H3!! here and I can't be outside. There's Zero sunlight (okay, we get sun but, its not like it can be enjoyed) and what is there to do INSIDE 24x7? Even going to the local Walmart becomes undesirable.
Why do we even get cravings? Its really for several reasons, from lack of nutrients (you aren't feeding your body right), to food sensitivities and unstable blood sugar levels....and most recently I've been aware of something new to add to this list... Hormonal Imbalance.
Now, ultimately you should find the root cause of what it is for YOU and I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist. I am just a fellow friend who wants to tell you what I've experienced. If you decide to think about what I've tried and you think "Maybe I should do it, Sherry does it!" Then, I recommend you and your friend Google spend 15minutes (or more). Maybe bring in another friend "Youtube" and do a little research. Find out if this is right for you. Be wise.
My tip on food cravings. First, you need to find your root cause or it won't go away, they will definitely reoccur until you remove the offending source. Okay, with that said, this is what I've experienced. I found a naturally supplement called 5-HTP. I've been taking 100mg 1-2 times per day. 5 HTP naturally boosts your serotonin levels (the feel good hormone), then overnight it is converted to Melatonin so you sleep better. Better sleep, happier mood both lead towards a reduced appetite and lower stress overall.
And, remember, if you find that this doesn't work for you, its probable that you haven't dealt with the root cause of your cravings. the only way to get to the bottom of it is with testing through someone in that field.
What I've experienced, in February, I've just concluded 4 weeks of this supplement and, I feel so much more focused, calm, happier, and yeah, less of an appetite (or you could say, I feel more in control and less likely to cave in). For me, its worked wonderfully. I took a brand called WellRoots.
Once you get to the root cause, you CAN kiss those cravings Goodbye!
PS. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please COMMENT below!
Comments
Post a Comment