Easier Taco Soup



Taco Soup

Need something quick....tired of adding a bazillion spices?  I know some mornings, I am... Its not that it takes a TON of time but, searching for 6 spices is a pain in the arse, am I right?!?!  So, the other day I wanted Taco soup.  But, honestly I didn't have ALL of the ingredients on hand, for instance, I didn't have any tomatoes, I was missing a couple spices and well...taco soup seemed far off.   Then, I thought Hey, I have Salsa...I wonder how that would work.


It was Awesome!  And, this soup still turns out creamy because of the beans! 


Easier Taco Soup


Serves: 4
Portions: 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1/2 Green 

Ingredients


  • 2/3 cup non fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 15oz can Cannellini Beans
  • 1/2 cup black beans (RINSE and drain before using)
  • 2 cups Salsa (I used Pace)
  • 4 Red containers (5oz each) chicken, shredded

Optional:  If you have time, dice up 1 cup of other green veggies and add them to this. Such as mushrooms, onions and green peppers.  Each 1 cup added increases the greens by 1/4 Green per person.

Directions:  



  1. Blend the Canellini beans in a blender or food processor until pureed ( I did not drain them, if you want to drain them, then you will need to add 1/2 cup of water or veggie broth)
  2. Pour into the crockpot.
  3.  Add the remaining ingredients
  4. Stir until incorporated
  5. Cook on low for 4.5 hours.





Comments