I've made these a bazillion times! Its been one of my "go to" items ....why? Perhaps because I do like potato chips and, well, besides the Quest line....really there aren't any on the market that meet the right clean eating standard that I have. Oh sure, I have a few tortilla chips here and there (I mean, I am human, I do like chips!) But, ya know, when you're trying to lose weight or just stay healthy.....you need to eat veggies...and what better way to get in an entire green veggie than with zucchini or squash?
These are super easy. Made in the oven. Baked for a while...okay, a long while. But totally worth it.
Squash Chips
Ingredients
- 4 Yellow squash (small to medium), sliced thin (like 1/8 to 1/4-inch )
Too thin and you'll have issues with then sticking. - 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
(really, you can use whatever spices you think you will like! Even a packet of Ranch may go well. Experiment, make it your own!) - cooking spray (I use Organic Olive Oil by Pam)
Directions
- Preheat oven to lowest setting.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, olive oil, salt and spices; mix until well combined.
- Make sure both sides are coated (I use my fingers to ensure this, a spoon may work for you)
- Place the squash in a single layer on the previously prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray each slice with cooking spray. This will help with achieving a crunchier texture.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 mins before checking them. After 45mins. flip the chips to bake the other side. Bake an additional 45 mins. This is the part that is really up to you. Bake the chips on this low temp continuing to flip them until they are your desired level of golden brown.


Comments
Post a Comment