Pumpkin Energy Balls


I ran out of Chocolate Chips last week, right after I made my Shakeology Balls.  Of course, I only had purchased 2Tbsp from the bulk section (the exact amount needed for the recipe)!  I don't actually trust myself with a bag of chocolate in the house. It really could be a binge fest. #seriouslyTempting

So, I ran across a Beachbody post for Pumpkin Balls and, while it looked great, it contained about 10 ingredients and, I really only had about 3 of them on hand, and their recipe called for Dates.  Although a date with my hubby would be wonderful, having one in my snack, not so much! So, it was a no-go in my book.  I went searching on the internet to see what else I could find and  BOOM.... Pumpkin Energy Balls pops up.  A couple modifications to meet my taste buds and Waaa-Laa.....

This recipe tastes like pumpkin pie and should only take 10mins to make. 


Pumpkin Energy Balls

Servings: 20 balls
Portions: 1/4 Yellow and 1/4 Orange or 1/2 tsp


  • 1½ cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked (I contemplated using Almond flour instead, maybe next time)
  • 47g vanilla protein powder (I think chocolate shakeology would be yummy as a substitute also!)
  • 1½ tsp Pumpkin pie spice 
  • 1/4c honey (you may substitute your own sweetener, but we need something sticky)
  • 1/4c nut butter (I used peanut butter)
  • 1/2c Pumpkin puree  (the only ingredient listed should be Pumpkin)


Directions

  1. Mix together oats, Protein powder, Pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, add honey and nut butter and microwave for 30 seconds. 
  3. Mix in the pumpkin to the honey and nut butter mixture and let cool slightly.
  4. Add honey and peanut butter mixture to the oats mixture and mix well forming one dough ball. 
  5. Put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
  6. Form into 1 inch balls. Put in airtight container and store in the refrigerator.


Note: It would be super yummy to add in 2 Tbsp of Chocolate chips.  Portion would then increase slightly maybe to 1 orange or 1 tsp.

Comments