For this to be low carb, I'm sorry but, the potatoes had to go. I know, many of you will be saddened and will now close this window. For the ones that continue reading though, I think you will find the substitute to be quite pleasing and almost similar in taste and texture as a potato as the parmesan adds the right flavor.
Low Carb Shepherd's Pie
Ingredients:
Directions:
1. Cut cauliflower to rice consistency. This can be done by hand, or in a food processor
2. Sautee Onions and mushrooms in a pan, with 1 Tbsp of oil.
3. When onions are translucent, add the ground turkey and brown
4. Transfer to the Crockpot
5. Add spices, zucchini and tomatoes
6. Stir
7. Add Cauliflower then the cheese
8. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on low
The mixture will have a little liquid due to cooking in the crockpot. You may choose to use this as a 'gravy' or, you may want to vent the lid using a chopstick on one end - which will help reduce the extra liquid.

Comments
Post a Comment