Crockpot Taco Soup



This soup turns out nice and creamy because of the protein rich ingredient, beans!  I'm not a huge bean fan, I'd much rather have a salad but, if I can hide beans and use them to make something creamy (instead of using a can of soup)...then I'm all for it! 


Taco Soup


Serves: 4
Portions: 1 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Green



Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup non fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 15oz can Cannellini Beans
  • 1 15 ox can diced tomatoes
  • 1 15 oz can black beans (RINSE and drain before using)
  • 1 cup vegetable broth
  • 1 cup whole corn kernels
  • 1 cup chicken, shredded
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp dried cilantro

Directions:  

  1. Blend 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth and all of the Canellini beans together (food processor) until pureed 
  2. Add the yogurt. 
  3. Pour into the crockpot.
  4.  Add the remaining ingredients
  5. Stir and Cook on low for 4.5 hours.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 261 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 47 Sodium: 826 Protein: 19
adapted from a recipe by Muscle & Fitness Hers.

Comments