Crockpot Pancakes
I Love pancakes....Then again, I think I actually love butter and syrup, the pancake is just the tool of choice! Of course, using pureed strawberries and a little cream are quite nice also!Pancakes, they just remind me of my childhood. Maybe they remind you of that also. However, now as an adult, I realize how 'dessert-ish' they are. It's like you're eating dessert for breakfast, so you have to be really careful if this is the "First meal of the day".
I totally recommend this be an occasional treat, and/or you limit your portions to around 180 calories (including your toppings of choice). I personally would pair it with a Shakeology or a lean meat.
Servings: Varies based on how much you make
Portions: 1 Yellow for each 180 calories. Check the pancake mix label.
Ingredients:
- 1 Box of Pancake mix
- Eggs/milk according to the pancake mix directions
- 1tsp cinnamon (more or less according to your tastes)
- 1tsp vanilla
Directions:
- Mix together the amount of pancakes you desire to make.
- Spray small (or large) crockpot
- Add Pancake batter
- The cooking time varies based on how much you make. I normally only make 2-4 servings and it takes about an hour on high. So, the cooking time varies. Its done when the batter has set (test it like any other cake).
When it is set:
Use a spoon to scoop out the portion size you desire.
Top with your favorite syrup, butter or fruit toppings.

Comments
Post a Comment