3 Healthy Breakfasts - Eating Clean Challenge





Breakfast....


It's the MOST important meal of the day for a reason, it sets you up for success or failure.
  •  If you eat a donut, you are likely to crave sugar all day long.
  •  If you have fruit or a Shakeology, you are likely to eat healthier all day long.  
  •  If you eat too little you will snack more
  •  It will give you energy or the wrong food will deplete your energy

Here are 3 of my favorite GO TO breakfasts! 

#1 : Oatmeal


Simply a staple food in most households.  Use Steel Cut oats for an added boost, and NEVER buy those instant packets.  I know, the flavor is to DIE for...but honestly .... DON'T do it!  Add your own Maple syrup, or molasses as both are considered clean. Just watch your portions, okay.   Also a great sweetener is pureed fruit....I love adding Strawberries.
Oh, and adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder (after its cooked!) is nothing short of divine!  Who doesn't love getting a 20g boost of protein?   Try out this  Strawberry oatmeal recipe.

#2 : Crepes

There are a TON of recipes, and most are clean.  Its what you fill them with that makes the difference. Use fresh fruit, or pureed fruit, YUMMM!  Also, why not try some veggies to fill them with?


Ingredients:


  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other non dairy milk
  • 3 tbsp coconut flour, sifted
  • 2 tsp coconut oil, melted, plus 2 tbsp for the pan
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt

Directions



1. Whisk together the crepe ingredients in a bowl. 
2. Heat pan on med-high for about 7 minutes. 3. Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan, swirling to coat the bottom and sides.
4. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the hot pan, turning the pan in a circular motion with one hand so the batter spreads thinly around the pan. 
5. Cook for 1 minute, until the edges start to lift.
6. Gently work a spatula under the crepe and flip it over. Cook on the second side for 15 seconds and turn out onto a plate.

7. Continue with the remaining batter adding little more oil to the pan after about every 3 to 4 crepes if they begin to stick.

A simple Cream sauce such as Cashew Cream Sauce is awesome too!
Take cashews, a tiny bit of unsweetened almond milk, and the juice of 1/2 orange in a blender and puree.  No mater how you make it, its delish!  

#3 : Shakeology



Many people know that I love Shakeology and I drink every single morning. Most people think it’s just another protein shake or smoothie, but I wanted to share with you my reasons why I drink it everyday. 
1. Its the easiest way to get in 8-9 servings of fruits and veggies
2. I hated taking a multi-vit. pill...this way I don't need to because it has the vitamins and minerals needed daily
3. It curbs my cravings for junk foods
4. I feel awake, and energized without the use of coffee (yet I can still have coffee if I want). 
5. Fills my probiotic & prebiotic requirements for my digestive track 
6. Its adaptogens and Chinese herbs reduce my stress levels
7. Its quick to prepare and I can take it with me to work to have in the car if I want
8. Its one less meal I have to plan for myself, breakfast is 100% covered 
9. It tastes like a milkshake and with several flavors I'm never bored 
10. I don’t get sick as much and when I do, I recover much quicker


Comments