How to stay Motivated - Day 2

How to stay motivated - Day 2


Clean eating isn't easy for me. There may be some people out there that eat clean all the time and its a breeze. I'm not one of them. I struggle with the balance on what I think my body craves vs what it actually should eat.  Primarily my struggle is sweets.  

Do I throw in the towel and cave in. Yep, from time to time. Sometimes several times in a week, but I don't cave and eat crap all day long.  

If you've decided to eat clean, and you want some health benefits you will have to stick to eating whole foods and enjoying Shakeology (and Shakeology bars) as treats!  Here is how I stay motivated and on track:

1) I keep a journal, or I blog about it. - When I blog or journal about what I am eating throughout the day, I am putting in little reminders to myself of how beneficial this is for my body and how good I feel. How much energy I have. I encourage YOU also to write it down,use an app or start a blog - even posting in my accountability group daily makes a HUGE difference with success. 


2)  I'm Always Looking for New Recipes. - Knowing what to cook and how to cook it so it tastes awesome is SOOO helpful.  I mean, its okay to eat a plain chicken breast from time o time, but if you can make it into Chicken parm and have it taste like a million bucks, why wouldn't you?   It keeps me from ordering takeout and overall it makes my stomach satisfied.  I have several dishes that I post here on my blog, and the internet is FULL of them also!



3) I track my progress. - This could be weighing myself, taking measurements, taking progress photos and getting my bodyfat tested. Its extremely motivating.  In the beginning it helped motivate me to keep pushing forward and there is NOTHING more motivating than trying on your Jeans and realizing...they are TOO big! I went from a dress pant of size 14 to a size 2/3.   I also track my workouts daily. I know what workout I did and, inside of the workout, I know how many push ups I did, how much weight I used on my bicep curls, how many Ski-abs I did...etc.  Writing it down, being able to push out ONE MORE REP just to progress forward....SOOOO awesome!



Keep pressing play. Keep working on your nutrition.
Plug into my accountability groups for motivation and support!

I have a new group every month  - just send me a facebook message, or email me at: sherry.rueter@ymail.com <--put ccountability="" group="" in="" line="" nbsp="" please="" span="" subject="" the="">

Comments