BBQ Sauce and BBQ Tahini Sauce

I totally MISS Ketchup and BBQ sauce! On the 21 Day Fix Extreme its really not something that's listed as Allowed.
Tahini is though... So when I saw this recipe I thought "Hmm... a healthy condiment?!?! IT also has me thinking.. If I DON'T use the Tahini paste, would I have a healthier BBQ sauce? I'm sure I would!


BBQ Tahini

Servings: 12 servings, 3 Tbsp each
each Tbsp counts as a 21 Day Fix tsp

Ingredients

1 cup water
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. tahini paste  **Optional, you can omit if you desire
6 Tbsp. all-natural tomato paste, no sugar added
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. molasses
4 tsp. honey or pure maple syrup (I have not experimented with using another sweetener, feel free though and let me know how it goes!)
1.2 tsp. liquid smoke
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 pinch ground chili powder
1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)

Instructions

1. In a bowl, add water, tahini, tomato paste, vinegar, molasses, maple syrup, liquid smoke, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt
2. Mix until smooth
3. Place in a small crockpot and cook on low for 2 hours
4. Let mixture cool then store it in a clean jar.
Barbecue-Flavored Tahini Sauce | BeachbodyBlog.com


** IF making Just ketchup or BBQ sauce, replace the Tahini with tomato paste

Recipe adapted from Team Beachbody:

Comments