21 Day Fix Extreme Day 15 Plyo Fix Extreme Review

21 Day Fix Extreme Day 15  Plyo Fix Extreme
7 Days left? Can you believe it?  - Plyo Fix .... Jumping and weights - 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest.  Why would you jump with weights? Because it gets your heart rate up and it uses almost every part of your body (core included).  You do  have to pick a light enough weight for it to be doable, and a heavy enough weight to be challenging.  My suggestion is to make a worksheet and write down what weight you use, so that the next time you do the workout you will know WHAT you did -> and that will help you figure out if you need to go heavier or lighter. 




“Now’s your chance to change your life.”
This workout is 5 rounds, 2 exercises each round @ 30 seconds each. She gives you a 30 second break between moves to recover. This is a Leg workout, Period.   Your quads and hamstrings are going to get hit.  I used 15#, 12# and 10# during this workout.
  • Squat jump & split lunge jump (I used 12# for Round 1 and 15# for round 2)
  • Single leg squat jump & Sumo squat jump (12#, tapped my foot almost every time in the squat just so I could get an inch lower)
  • Squat hop & Burpee tuck jump (I love this round. Nailed 13 Burpee tuck jumps!)
  • Twisted skaters & Calf jump (Twisted skaters - 10# - awesome! )
  • Squat thrusts & Sumo squat hop
  • BONUS MOVE (you'll have to watch the DVD. Awesome way to end plyo with jumping)
Overall, this workout is a love/hate. The first week I did it my legs were ripped up for a couple days. This week, it seemed much easier so, I'm improving, or I'm wimping out.  You decide.  I'm sorta missing PlyoX from P90X at this point.  Plyo is real work and definitely something that should be done in each workout schedule.  Remember, the moves you hate are probably the ones you are weakest at, so DO THEM!

 
Nutrition, Is it possible to do the High Protein days ALL THE TIME?!?!  I'm really not missing the carbs, fruit, etc.  Getting in the 1 carb a day has been (dare I say) perfect?  My only modification has been doing 1 more green per day.  At this point, I haven't done body measurements but, as of this morning the scale was down 1.5# from where I started.   I'm hopeful that I'm sculpting a great core.

 

Comments