How to Get Rid of Belly Fat - Female

Hey, my name is Sherry Rueter and I'm an online fitness and health coach. Fitness is my passion so, I can not wait to share today a few tips with you!

The question for today is "How do I lose my belly fat"?  I'm here to I am here to tell you no, its not adding in tons of cardio...its 80-90% diet. No matter what, the 10%-20% training helps, but the key is in your nutrition. There is NO WAY you will see a flat tummy unless your diet is clean.

What do I mean by clean?  Take a look at Michi's ladder... The top 1-2 tiers. That means whole foods, Carbohydrates mainly from veggies, lean cuts of meat.  That is how your hard work in the gym is going to pay off!!!  
Click here to view ALL of Michi's ladder


Water... another key component. Try to get at least 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water each day.  So take your body weight in pounds, lets say 180 pounds.  Now, divide that by 2, which is 90.  So you need 90 ounces of water daily. If you can get more, super...but this is the minimum recommendation that you should be hitting, especially if you are getting in workouts.   The water will flush out toxins and in turn keep you more satiated which will result in less calories taken in, which will result in weight loss. 

Rest is equally important. Your body needs 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Studies show that when you are sleep deprived, you crave more foods. The more you crave, the more junk you eat, the more weight you will gain.  Proper sleep is crucial.  I repeat. Proper sleep is CRUCIAL.

Without a clean diet and without proper rest and proper hydration,  you will most likely not see results. You will remain exactly where you are today....spinning your wheels and hoping.

Lastly, lets dive into salt.   Salt is great in moderation, it actually can help sweeten a food (odd, I know). However, when you have an event coming up or you want to have less bloating.... monitor how much salt you are eating.  Because sodium does bloat you, especially when your a woman and have hormones that come into the equation.

Follow those rules, add in some workouts and you will see results.



Comments