How do I know what food is healthier? Try Michi's Ladder

Several Tools have come out recently in Beachbody such as the 21 Day Fix containers, as well as several cleanse programs like the 3 Day Refresh, but I still go back to this simple tool, Michis Ladder, when I need to compare how healthy one food is to the next.

Michi's Ladder is simply a guideline for healthy nutrition. The higher up on the list you eat, the better healthier you are eating.  Also included in the ladder is the details on weather or not the food is a GOOD  source of protein (P), carbohydrates (C), or fat (F).

And take note....Tiers 4 and 5 don't contain this information! These foods are NOT healthy, so you shouldn't look to them for nutrition.  Regard everything in Tiers 4 and 5 as "treats." Finally, if a food has an asterisk (*) before it, that means we consider it a nutrient-rich superfood.

Note on frying: Foods should be eaten raw, steamed, grilled, poached, baked, or broiled. Frying automatically drops even the best foods into tier 5.






Comments