I am already onto week 7 of 22 Minute Hard Corps! Crazy how fast it’s gone by!. This workout is a total body routine made up of 5 exercises for three rounds. From an aesthetic and production standpoint, this one is also really cool, as it was filmed outside on an aircraft carrier of all places!
We start things off with a quick warm-up (same one as Resistance 1 and 2, except 20 reps of the Egoscue stretch), and get right into the workout! So what I’ll say about this one, is that it’s got a major focus on legs and core. Resistance 1 had a fair amount of push-ups in it, Resistance 2 had some plyo and fast twitch work, and like I said, this one is almost all legs and core.
Move #1 : Pump Jumper (aka Push up jacks). Your hands start out close together with your feet spread apart, then reversing the 2 plyometrically...needless to say, this works the chest and core. It totally reminded me of Shaun T's workouts.
Move #2: Split Lunge Thrust. A plyo lunge while thrusting dumbbells or the sandbag over your head. Be careful to choose the right weight. This is a move Tony introduced in X2's Base and Back...its a love hate move, primarily because I have a spinal degeneration in my C4/C5 so any shoulder press move is risky for me, and lets face it -- its a HARD move! Using a sandbag isn't easier either! Since you can’t grip the sandbag as tightly as dumbbells it moves around quite a bit and requires you to focus that much more and squeeze the handles which engages your core even harder to make sure you’re in control of it.
Move #3: One Arm Balance Row – this one also previously appeared in P90X2 in Balance & Power, and essentially you’re starting in a plank with dumbbells, and row up to a side arm balance with them. Obviously this one primarily targets the core, you’re abs in the plank, and obliques in the side arm balance. You’re also using you’re back in the row to the side arm balance, so there’s a fair amount involved in this one.
Move #4: Mountain Squats. Reminds me waay to much of Farmer Get ups from Bob Harper! This is right with a top of the line Hell move, especially if you choose your weight right, using 10-20# is brutal. BRUTAL! You stand up, squat down, laydown and get back up. Seems easy, right...not so much....especially by the 15th - 20th time. TOTAL CORE WORK HERE PEOPLE!
Move #5: Finally a break... sort of... Scissor Clappers. From a C Sit position, lift your hopefully straight legs off the ground, and clapping underneath the raised leg. Between 30-50 reps each round...so squeeze your abs tight or this one won't be as effective. Also for maximum burn, squeeze your legs straight!
And, a nice 3min + cool down. I honestly was expecting a 1 minute bonus move but, I'm more happy to cool down! Fast paced, no nonsense, get it done, go hard and suck it up workout. I certainly had my doubts as to how effective a workout you could get in 22 minutes before this program was released, and before I tried it. I'm on Week 7 Day 1 and my stats say that a 22 minute workout is ALL I NEED.... Obviously that's a LOT of nutritional focus...which I will have to blog about in a later post.
Look for more posts on the other routines in the coming days/weeks.
We start things off with a quick warm-up (same one as Resistance 1 and 2, except 20 reps of the Egoscue stretch), and get right into the workout! So what I’ll say about this one, is that it’s got a major focus on legs and core. Resistance 1 had a fair amount of push-ups in it, Resistance 2 had some plyo and fast twitch work, and like I said, this one is almost all legs and core.
Move #1 : Pump Jumper (aka Push up jacks). Your hands start out close together with your feet spread apart, then reversing the 2 plyometrically...needless to say, this works the chest and core. It totally reminded me of Shaun T's workouts.
Move #2: Split Lunge Thrust. A plyo lunge while thrusting dumbbells or the sandbag over your head. Be careful to choose the right weight. This is a move Tony introduced in X2's Base and Back...its a love hate move, primarily because I have a spinal degeneration in my C4/C5 so any shoulder press move is risky for me, and lets face it -- its a HARD move! Using a sandbag isn't easier either! Since you can’t grip the sandbag as tightly as dumbbells it moves around quite a bit and requires you to focus that much more and squeeze the handles which engages your core even harder to make sure you’re in control of it.
Move #3: One Arm Balance Row – this one also previously appeared in P90X2 in Balance & Power, and essentially you’re starting in a plank with dumbbells, and row up to a side arm balance with them. Obviously this one primarily targets the core, you’re abs in the plank, and obliques in the side arm balance. You’re also using you’re back in the row to the side arm balance, so there’s a fair amount involved in this one.
Move #4: Mountain Squats. Reminds me waay to much of Farmer Get ups from Bob Harper! This is right with a top of the line Hell move, especially if you choose your weight right, using 10-20# is brutal. BRUTAL! You stand up, squat down, laydown and get back up. Seems easy, right...not so much....especially by the 15th - 20th time. TOTAL CORE WORK HERE PEOPLE!
Move #5: Finally a break... sort of... Scissor Clappers. From a C Sit position, lift your hopefully straight legs off the ground, and clapping underneath the raised leg. Between 30-50 reps each round...so squeeze your abs tight or this one won't be as effective. Also for maximum burn, squeeze your legs straight!
And, a nice 3min + cool down. I honestly was expecting a 1 minute bonus move but, I'm more happy to cool down! Fast paced, no nonsense, get it done, go hard and suck it up workout. I certainly had my doubts as to how effective a workout you could get in 22 minutes before this program was released, and before I tried it. I'm on Week 7 Day 1 and my stats say that a 22 minute workout is ALL I NEED.... Obviously that's a LOT of nutritional focus...which I will have to blog about in a later post.
Look for more posts on the other routines in the coming days/weeks.
Comments
Post a Comment