Are you hungry? Do you get hungry? How do you know when to eat? Most people I think look at the clock and say, I should eat now. They get hungry because the clock says they should be.
Am I hungry? I don't get hungry very often. Sure, every now and then I am hungry - truely hungry; but most of the time I am not hungry. I look at the clock, it says noon and I think "Do I have to eat again? What should I have?" My hunger scale never reaches 6,7,8,9 or 10. I don't get a heavy feeling in my tummy.
My relationship with food presently is I eat and I stop eating. Somedays though my relationship with food is the taste. It tastes so good that I want another peice and another and another. It's not that I started out real hungry, its just that I can't get over the fact that the taste is wonderful. Its like my brain says "more". I logically determine(as much as I can) if I should have more or not. Seeking out the food seems to be a driver for me. I wonder if its because I was once very overweight and my brain functioning and reasoning has not determined that.
Most days I win. Why? because I don't want to become obese again. Subcontiously I probably desire them all but, I determine I should eat healthy foods instead. Why do I want to win? Because I don't want my body to revert to the prior me. I am much more healthier and happier being able to move and exercise and function when I eat healthy food. I want to continue to win every day. Not my brain and prior adiction to food (that deep addictive desire). Someday's my response to fatty/sweet foods is overwhelmingly "give it to me now". However with Exercise its as if I have hit the "reset" button. I am trying to change my behavior so that I stop having the battle with food and become more in balance.
Why do I want to win? I want to live longer, be healthier and acheive a state of living that allows me to do what I want to desire. Today It might seem easy to say "I'm only going to eat what is on my meal plan". But then I see the bun or the M&Ms....and I think...oh just one....just 1?!?!? Some days I say okay, Just One (which ends up being 10); Other days are "no you don't get any".
Being healthy is more about eating what is right, and less about exercise. 80% of the benefits are from your diet. Will you win today?
Am I hungry? I don't get hungry very often. Sure, every now and then I am hungry - truely hungry; but most of the time I am not hungry. I look at the clock, it says noon and I think "Do I have to eat again? What should I have?" My hunger scale never reaches 6,7,8,9 or 10. I don't get a heavy feeling in my tummy.
My relationship with food presently is I eat and I stop eating. Somedays though my relationship with food is the taste. It tastes so good that I want another peice and another and another. It's not that I started out real hungry, its just that I can't get over the fact that the taste is wonderful. Its like my brain says "more". I logically determine(as much as I can) if I should have more or not. Seeking out the food seems to be a driver for me. I wonder if its because I was once very overweight and my brain functioning and reasoning has not determined that.
Most days I win. Why? because I don't want to become obese again. Subcontiously I probably desire them all but, I determine I should eat healthy foods instead. Why do I want to win? Because I don't want my body to revert to the prior me. I am much more healthier and happier being able to move and exercise and function when I eat healthy food. I want to continue to win every day. Not my brain and prior adiction to food (that deep addictive desire). Someday's my response to fatty/sweet foods is overwhelmingly "give it to me now". However with Exercise its as if I have hit the "reset" button. I am trying to change my behavior so that I stop having the battle with food and become more in balance.
Why do I want to win? I want to live longer, be healthier and acheive a state of living that allows me to do what I want to desire. Today It might seem easy to say "I'm only going to eat what is on my meal plan". But then I see the bun or the M&Ms....and I think...oh just one....just 1?!?!? Some days I say okay, Just One (which ends up being 10); Other days are "no you don't get any".
Being healthy is more about eating what is right, and less about exercise. 80% of the benefits are from your diet. Will you win today?
Comments
Post a Comment