P90X Phase 3 - Level 1

So, I am on Day 3 of  Month 3 - Phase 3 nutrition. That's alot of 3's.  I'm also on my 3rd day back to work!  While I have done several rounds of P90X, I have not done Phase 3 each time. Most of the time I stick to Phase 2.  I tried Phase 3 about a year ago and it didn't go well. I couldn't get in that many carbs, this time I am goiing to attempt Phase 3 again but using the Check Box method.

For those of you who may not know what Phase 3 nutrition is I will attempt to explain. Phase 3 is where you attempt to eat higher carbs. You get 200cals of protein, 600 cals of Carbs, 200 Cals of Fruit, 200 Cals of Veggies. 120cals of Dairy 120 Cals of Fat, 100 Cals for condiments. A 100 calorie Snack, a Bar and a Shake.  So, 200+600=800 +200+240=1240 +200=1440 plus your bar and shake (figure 200 cals each for about 1800 calories per day. That is for Level 1 (my level).

I am also tracking it in My Fitness Pal to make sure that the Protein level is high enough. Being concerned about lean body mass, I want to make sure that my Protein intake is no lower than 100g per day. that is 1gram of protein per pound of body weight, which is the recommended minimum. Protein is rquired for muscle growth and repair. Some aim for 1.5g per bodywieght, others even higher.  My goal with this phase is 1gram minimum because the P90X book says  some thing to this effect "when you have low body fat, you need to eat more carbs. During this phase we up the carbs to give you more energy to power through your workouts". 


Its the last few weeks of summer....time to be focused on the goal and don't let go of it. No matter what. I want to finish strong. I'm at the beginning of the wave and going to ride it out!  Ride baby ride!

Comments