Hurting yourself



I ran accross this this morning- So insightful that I wanted to share it with you.

Posted on 08/08/2011 by fitmommy2012 on MyFitnessPal

So over the weekend I was really having the urge to give into some bad cravings of mine (some I gave into, others I didnt) and I would go through this list of excuses in my head. Thoughts like "Well...if I eat this now...I can just work it off tomorrow" or "Its ok if I eat just one bite of this, just one bite isnt going to hurt anyone, right ?" - AND then it struck me.....in the midst of all the cravings and excuses floating around in my head I realized that -

I WAS HURTING NO ONE BUT MYSELF.....and that got me to thinking...Why am I making all these excuses ? Why am I not giving it my all ? I get guilty and make myself feel awful after giving into one of these cravings, but why ? What is the point of all of this ? If I am really serious about getting into shape and losing this extra weight...then why do I fight with myself like I do ?

So after seriously pondering over these questions, I realized that I didnt want to hurt myself anymore. I dont want to feel run down and lethargic, I want energy and I want to feel great about myself. I want to wake up in the morning and be excited about working out and excited about getting dressed in the morning because I am wearing what I WANT to wear, not what I have to because nothing else looks good or fits.



I have this new found motivation and strength that has come from this epiphony over the weekend. I am sure that it is something that I have known all along, it just didnt hit me until now. Now my mind and body is awakened to what I really want and need to do, and it is an amazing feeling. I am ready to not just fix this, but to begin again with a fresh perspective and new outlook on this whole fitness and nutrition lifestyle.



Its great to realize that if I want to change, ONLY I can do it, no one else can do it for me. There are those who can help me along the way...but ultimately it is up to me to make the changes! I am ready for a new me, how about you ?



Comments