Back into a schedule

Its the first day back to school for my kids. They have a mere 20min left to sleep and then up for school. We prepared ourselves last night by choosing what we would wear and laid it all out; with the plan that this morning would go smoothly and not rushed.  Plan. Act. Do. 

The same way with working out. Plan your workout, Act upon it, Do it again. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  The same with nutrition. Decide what you are going to eat the day before, Commit to eating only what you put on the schedule and that will ultimately lead to Success. 

I like to plan out my meals on Sunday night. I take a pen and paper and make a grid with Mon - Fri at the top and 5 boxes under each one. Then I put in my food choices. Normally breakfast is Shake and Eggs - although sometimes I get oatmeal.  Mid Morning snack - a piece of Fruit (or oatmeal if I had eggs!); Lunch -a lot of the time its a salad with a little fruit and some veggies and perhaps a bit of white meat. Snack-varies from a protein bar to popcorn to fruit; and Supper is a meat and a couple veggies. I try to stay away from most fruits at night because of the high sugar...lower impact veggies should be the norm here -such as green beans or broccoli or peas;  If you are having fruit at night - stick to a 'berry'.

So, like my kids I am on a schedule too and we will all be getting back into the flow of things. Some of it may be painful - some not so painful....all an adjustment...but slowly we get into the schedule and it seems natural. Nutrition is the same way over time it will feel natural and enjoyable.

Comments